Thoughts & Experiences of Mine

Driven by Readers and Followers

Useless Prayers...

Now it is the time to talk about “Useless Prayers”. I will take you through my personal experience.

Introduction:

Our locality (Saidapet) is well known for its rowdy-ism and my parents thought “our children should be grown in good environment”. So I joined a boarding school to pursue my studies from my 6th grade to HSC. In the earlier days (6th till 8th standard) my Grandma would hire an auto rickshaw from my home to school (costing around Rs. 500/-), to leave us in school after our vacations. I knew it is costly commuting via auto rickshaw and I should cost cut the unwanted expenses. Hence in my 9th std I came up with decision to go to school in government bus. (I don’t know the bus route though)

First Bus Journey:

After my bold decision, my Grandma took me and my younger brother to “Saidapet bus stand” around 0510 hours, in auto rickshaw (This trip would cost around Rs. 25). I and my brother got into a bypass rider and thought it would go via Chengalpet bus stand and we can get down there and board the required connecting bus to school.

But the bus driver stopped in the midst of bypass road, and we were sent down. We don’t know no any place there (in morning 0600 hrs what will we do), no bus/auto rickshaw will be there to get us to Chengalpet bus stop. We were cursing ourselves for the mistake done.

Thankfully, God sent us a bus run by Vivegam Travels (after 10 minutes of wait), which came from some south place to Chengalpet. On seeing 2 small guys alone in bypass road, the driver stopped and boarded us into the bus (I am still thankful to him). And he did not even charge single rupee for the lift. At last we reached Chengalpet bus stop and got the connecting bus to our school and reached safely.

Concept of Useless Prayer:

~ How will bus go to Chengalpet bus stand, when I commute through a Bypass Rider?
~ How can you become a Doctor, when you have joined Engineering College?

Doing nothing or incorrect thing and pleading God is “useless prayer” and your wish will never be accomplished.

Useful Prayer:

* Getting in to a correct bus and praying “God, my journey should be safe
* Preparing well for exam and asking “God, I should get good marks”, etc.


These would be meaningful prayers.

We must give our 100% effort, take right path, and then ask God for his Grace. This would be a valid prayer.

2 comments:

Savvy July 13, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

and that Vivegam travels runs between Tuticorin and Chennai.See how generous our city ppl are ...

Web Hosting India September 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

Good post! Thanks for sharing with us. Keep it up.

About this blog

My Followers